Thursday, September 1, 2011

Book Excerpt 1


Tonight, I am working on a chapter of my full-length novel, so unfortunately, no story for tonight.  My personal goal for this blog is to post something daily, but if I'm working on a chapter in my novel, then I'll just post an excerpt from the novel in progress (to tease you all with what is to come!)


Without further ado, an excerpt from my untitled book , that already has over eight thousand words to it:

-o-


"Well, if you choose the last option, you need to wait for me without the robe."  She raised her eyebrows a bit, she was testing the waters to see what she could get away with.  "It's dark, you'll be covered, as long as you don't turn on the inside light."  She started fiddling with her phone, predicting my inevitable decision.

"Ok, I can do that," I agreed.  And with that a signal was sent into outer space, and the car was unlocked.  I opted to wait in the backseat of her SUV in the middle seat, thinking I could sit very still and perhaps pass as inanimate to anyone that happened to walk by and peer in.  Hayley cleared her throat, and I realized that she was waiting for me to release the robe.  I fidgeted a little and before I knew it, the silky fabric was slipping through my fingers and out the open door.

The waiting was really nothing.  The car wasn't exactly warm, but I still felt protected.  I watched Hayley bound towards my door, letting my robe hang loose around her neck, like a scarf.  It was her trophy, and she looked as if she was relishing each moment.  I'm sure she was having fun, but just waiting for her was no big deal for me.  After the first couple of minutes, I realized that nobody was around, and I let out a little sigh.

I was a little disappointed by the loneliness, and then I started imagining the night that awaited me.  I pictured myself in her bed, throwing off the sandals and diving in.  It occured to me that while Hayley and I had been to the same gym a thousand times, this would be the first time when I would not only be allowed, but expected, to ogle.  That made me giddy with excitement, and I realized as Hayley returned that I was in full swoon.

As Hayley returned to the car and got into the driver's seat, I sensed something was a bit wrong.  She started the engine, and put the car in gear, and I suddenly realized what she had not brought back.

"Umm, Hayley, you forgot my..."

"I didn't forget, the robe is on your couch, safe and sound," she said with a raised eyebrow.

-o-

No comments:

Post a Comment